A fashionable frenzy
KMS California are busy prepping for MBFWA.
The countdown is officially on for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia, sending fashioniastas nation wide into a frantic fashion flurry. Once again, the good folk over at KMS California have cemented themselves hot contenders in the style stakes, working overtime in preparation for a hectic week of high-end shows. The team have honed in on their exemplary expertise by hand selecting Hair Directors and matching them to designers. These flawless fits will see Anthony Nader (RAW Anthony Nader) team up with Gary Bigini, Clive Allwright (Our Place Salon) take the reins at Ellery and Stephen Seago (Roar Hairdressing) work his magic at Toi et Moi.
As a keen supporter of the Australian Fashion industry KMS California jumps at the chance to back homegrown talent, most recently teaming with emerging label Saxony who debuted their AW Collection on 11 April at Australian Technology Park. A selection of KMS California stylist’s were selected to work with Hair Director Kenneth Stoddart including Emma Attenborough and Emma Howie from Emma Dean Salon as well as Amanda and Nancy Mafaddi from Hair Allure. Maintaining a high fashion feel hair was slicked back from the forehead falling into a long sleek ponytail to compliment the raw and beautiful show aesthetic.
To achieve this sculptural look, follow KMS California’s step-by-step:
1. Prepare the hair by applying ADDVOLUME Root Lift Spray around the front hairline and finger-dry into the hair for volume and texture
2. Section the front part from ear to ear and braid the back middle section of hair into a tight braid then pin it close to the head to hide the bulk of the hair at the back
3. Pull the sides of the hair straight back and close to the head then cover the braiding with a ponytail positioned in the mid back section and leave it textured through the front top section
4. Some hair extensions may be applied for length and sprayed with HAIRPLAY Sea Salt Spray - leave quite natural
5. Take a small selection of hair and wrap it around the ponytail and set it with HAIRSTAY Maximum Hold Hairspray, spraying it close to the section and set it with a hair dryer on low heat
6. Finish with HAIRSTAY Anti-Humidity Seal for shine
For men, it was very polished and groomed:
1. Apply HAIRSTAY Max Gel all over with a tiny brush and mold to the head
2. Set in place with a hairdryer on low heat
3. Spray HAIRSTAY Maximum Hold Hairspray and allow to set